Thursday, July 16, 2015

Starbucks Doubleshot: A Headache Remedy?

Several years ago, I was in New Orleans, LA on a dreadfully hot summer day.  I had a dull headache and the heat was not making it any better.  I went into the Walgreen's on Canal Street and found a BC Powder to take for my headache.  I had found that while not a tasty remedy, BC Powder was a quick headache solution.

Looking on the back of the BC Powder at the ingredients, I found that the only two ingredients were aspirin and caffeine.  Caffeine was listed as a "pain reliever aid".   With my BC in hand I went to the refrigerated drink section of Walgreen's and spy'ed a Starbucks Doubleshot.   I had never consumed one before but if BC said caffeine would aid in pain relief then I figured a double shot of espresso wouldn't hurt.   I was all in.

I purchased the Doubleshot and consumed it's 6.5 ounces rather quickly.  Within just a matter of minutes my dull headache had subsided.  I had not even taken the BC which was my original plan.

My wife and I began to keep a four pack of Doubleshot's in our refrigerator just in case of a minor or dull headache.  The double shot of espresso mixed with cream is a good taste and will definitely take the edge off of a headache.

You will find Starbucks Doubleshot Energy drinks which I have never consumed.  They are a larger can than the smaller 6.5 ounce can and I cannot vouch for them. Go with the original Doubleshot and you will not be sorry.

By the way, you don't have to have a headache to drink one.